<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://box5313.temp.domains/~booksiha

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Off the chick-lit wagon

Confession time. It's been rather a while since I updated on the Proust and even a while since I picked it up. I'm really going to have to start again, but I've recently started a new job which occupies a lot more time and brain power than the last one. I think to be honest, I'm not going to be able to keep up with the depth of analysis I've been trying to muster, not if I'm going to finish this damn book during my lifetime! So, the Proust posts will be resumed but in a more condensed length that doesn't require my re-reading the passages again and then writing lengthy posts. This is supposed to be fun and I'm not going to let it become a chore. As for further books, I'll just have to wait and see.

Otherwise, I am keeping up the reading, although I have been reading a few more 'comfort' books, mostly chick-lit which I read in a few days, along with the usual mixture of other books. I am currently attempting to finish Don DeLillo's Americana which I enjoyed the beginning of, but found part 2 a bit difficult to get into. I will attempt to post a review when I finish it and get the chance.

I suppose I might have come across as a bit snobby towards chick-lit previously, I think that there is some good, well written chick-lit out there but some generic things as well. I like reading out of my comfort zone and chick-lit can be a bit too comfortable at times, although it is proving ideal at the moment when I get home in the evening and find the thought of reading anything more complicated is a complete turn-off. Still, I don't intend to exclusively comfort-read, I still have a TBR list with 341 books on it and the mad plan to read 100 books this year. Only another 56 to go!


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home