<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://box5313.temp.domains/~booksiha

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Book List

Okay, so I am starting off with 50 books, most of which I have never read or never finished. The one exception is Can you Forgive Her? which I am including because it is part of a series I've always wanted to finish. I am also slightly unsure about whether I've ever finished Wuthering Heights. All I know is I've always disliked it, but want to force myself to give it one last go in a doomed attempt to understand it now I'm older. This may be way too ambitious, but never mind. Here are the books, in no particular order (I will not be reading them in this order either):
  1. Swann's Way Proust (Vol 1: ARDTP)
  2. In the Shadow of Young Girls in Flower Proust (Vol 2: ARDTP)
  3. The Guermantes Way Proust (Vol 3: ARTDP)
  4. Sodom and Gomorrah Proust (Vol 4: ARTDP)
  5. The Prisoner Proust (Vol 5: ARTDP)
  6. The Fugitive Proust (Vol 6: ARTDP)
  7. Time Regained Proust (Vol 7: ARTDP)
  8. The Warden Trollope (Barchester Vol 1)
  9. Barchester Towers Trollope (Barchester Vol 2)
  10. Doctor Thorne Trollope (Barchester Vol 3)
  11. Framley Parsonage Trollope (Barchester Vol 4)
  12. The Small House at Allington Trollope (Barchester Vol 5)
  13. Last Chronicle of Barset Trollope (Barchester Vol 6)
  14. Can You Forgive Her? Trollope (Palliser Vol 1)
  15. Phineas Finn Trollope (Palliser Vol 2)
  16. The Eustace Diomonds Trollope (Palliser Vol 3)
  17. Phineas Redux Trollope (Palliser Vol 4)
  18. The Prime Minister Trollope (Palliser Vol 5)
  19. The Duke's Children Trollope (Palliser Vol 6)
  20. Clarissa Richardson
  21. War and Peace Tolstoy
  22. A Suitable Boy Vikram Seth
  23. Infinite Jest David Foster Wallace
  24. Emma Austen
  25. Manfield Park Austen
  26. Wuthering Heights Emily Bronte
  27. Ulysses Joyce
  28. The Jewel in the Crown Scott (Raj Vol 1)
  29. The Day of the Scorpion Scott (Raj Vol 2)
  30. The Towers of Silence Scott (Raj Vol 3)
  31. A Division of the Spoils Scott (Raj Vol 4)
  32. A Question of Upbringing, A Buyer's Market, The Acceptance World Powell (Vol 1 ADTTMOT)
  33. At Lady Molly's, Casanova's Chinese Restaurant, The Kindly Ones Powell (Vol 2 ADTTMOT)
  34. The Valley of Bones, The Soldier's Art, The Military Philosophers Powell (Vol 3 ADTTMOT)
  35. Books Do Furnish a Room, Temporary Kings, Hearing Secret Harmonies Powell (Vol 4 ADTTMOT)
  36. Les Miserables Hugo
  37. The Hunchback of Notre Dame Hugo
  38. Justine Durrel (Alexandria 1)
  39. Balthazar Durrel (Alexandria 2)
  40. Mount Olive Durrel (Alexandria 3)
  41. Clea Durrell Alexandria 4)
  42. 1Q84 Book 1 Murakami
  43. 1Q84 Book 2 Murakami
  44. 1Q84 Book 3 Murakami
  45. Wolf Hall Mantel
  46. Suspicions of Mr. Whicher Kate Summerscale
  47. The Moonstone Wilkie Collins
  48. The Scarlet Letter Hawthorne
  49. Crime and Punishment Dostoevsky
  50. Vanity Fair Thackery
Admittedly, a bit heavy on the Victorian's, particularly Trollope. What can I say? I suppose I am a bit of a book snob, and I do try to read the classics, although I do have wide ranging tastes and read several books on the go. Currently, the main ones are Fifty Shades of Filth (yes, I am on the bandwagon here), Rivals (can't beat Jilly Cooper for a bit of summer fun) and 11.22.63 by Stephen King, a novel about time travel and the Kennedy Assassination, a library book.

I will in all likelihood continue reading other stuff alongside this project, I would be kidding myself if I said I could cope with Clarissa (for example) without something lighter alongside! I will also post about how I'm reading the books, whether I'm using a Kindle or a physical book. Yes, I'm an ebooker. I find that ebooks can be a little less intimidating, but I won't be replacing physical copies of some of the books I'm reading and I fear the translations of some of the free books. So, lugging around War and Peace and Les Mis it is then, at least until I check the translation. I guess if you're going to spend time reading them, it may as well be the proper stuff as far as possible.

Anyway, better go. Happy reading.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home