<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://box5313.temp.domains/~booksiha

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, March 2, 2015

Update-Lost my mojo!

I have to say lately I haven't been reading so much and I am getting a little behind on this year's challenges. I've been busy, distracted and just not into reading the kind of books I am usually into, so I've given myself a bit of a break. I have managed to finish Wolf Hall, which I enjoyed but I felt like I didn't put as much attention into that I usually would. It's the kind of book that you could read several times without picking everything up, and I'm glad I've watched the TV series at the same time, that is hard enough to follow at times. Although Bring up the Bodies is not on the list, I would like to read it at some point too.

Took me ages, but I have also finished The Petticoat Men which took me a while to get into, but turned out to be a really interesting, well-researched books. Otherwise, I have not touched Clarissa for a while, have read a little of The Small House at Allington and have borrowed a shed-load of Kingsley Amis novels from the library. I usually steer clear of that kind of thing, but I thought I'd try it. So far One Fat Englishman is okay, I don't mind dislikeable protagonists, but the sharp, biting satire is lacking a little for my tastes. 


Anyway, I am going to try and finish some of my library books as I have all ten spaces filled, and not stress about not always feeling like reading at the moment.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home